“Good” doesn’t stop with our products. It’s in everything we do. From simpler nutrition and ingredient labels on our packaging to harvesting lifesaving pharmaceuticals for use in medical applications, we’re not just producing good food – we’re making good progress toward a healthier world. To learn more, view our health and wellness video.
As one of the world’s leading food and protein companies, we leverage our vertically integrated supply chain to:
- Produce delicious, affordable, nutritionally important protein
- Equip our customers and consumers with the information they need to make responsible food choices
- Proactively partner with our food service and retail customers, and healthcare experts, to improve the healthful attributes of our products
- Commercialize valuable bioscience products from our vertically integrated production process to save lives and improve human health
- Support our workers and communities with the resources they need to live a healthy lifestyle
Innovating for Healthier Foods
From simplifying ingredients to reducing our use of common allergens, Smithfield is dedicated to improving the health profiles of all our products. Our goal is to reduce added sugars and sodium by 10% and to increase transparency through cleaner labeling across 100% of our product line by 2025 from a 2020 baseline.
To accomplish this, our research and development teams work diligently with leaders across our organization to identify opportunities to transform our ingredient lists via substitution and elimination. To sustain these improvements, we’re streamlining our production processes and product formulations, ensuring quality and consistency every step of the way.
Smithfield is focused on supporting a healthy global population.
Policies and Statements
GOALS AND TARGETS
Dive into the Report