- Transport and deliver freight over the road over long distances in a safe, efficient, timely and legal manner.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Represent the Company and the trucking industry in a professional manner
Drivers must be accessible by phone during their working hours, within the legal limits of the CMV safety regulations.
Our drivers enjoy a great balance between work and life, as well as competitive compensation. As a professional truck driver with Smithfield Foods, you are assigned late model Freightliner tractors to pull 53’ reefer trailers and are dispatched to our plants, company distribution centers, and customer distribution centers. Safe driving, customer service, and effective decision making is the key to success in this position.
We offer competitive pay and smart benefits that fit your way of life.
$3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Earning potential up to $90,000 annually
- Work week that meets your schedule
- Anticipated home time is 2 days off per week
- $30 pay per stop after the first stop
- Paid detention rate
- Driver's in this fleet average 2,500 miles per week
- No touch freight and no backhauling through outside customers
- Less then 5% of shipments have extra stops
- No travel to New York, New England or the western states
- Full serviced leased equipment
- No slip seating
- Option to enroll in our 401K plan
- Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision Benefits offered
- Paid Days Off
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must be At least 24 years of age
- Have their Class A CDL license
- Have a minimum of 3 years CDL Class A driving experience
- No traffic citations within the last year
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.