CDL Driver **EXPERIENCED CDL DRIVER >1 YRS **LIVE HAUL
Completion of 3rd party Training Program. Once completed, driver/trainee should be able to obtain a Class A Commercial Drivers License.
- Successfully completes 5-7 week training program
- Follows required and recommended safety procedures while driving, delivering feed or loading and unloading with animal welfare being the foremost concern.
- Complies with all DOT rules and regulations.
- Reports all accidents promptly through proper authorities.
- Complies with all rules set forth by the receiving agent.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Current Class A CDL or permit.
- Previous driving experience preferred.
- At least 21 years old.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Ability to obtain a DOT medical card upon hire
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends, and holidays).
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up 50# without difficulty
- Hook up trailer to tractor, that includes backing under the trailer, raising landing gear and hooking up airlines
- Roll up and down landing gear that can require use of two hands and upper torso when on ground and one when gear clears the ground
- Handle manual transmission
- During pre-trip of equipment be able to climb into engine area; bend, stoop, and crawl to complete through pre-trip
- Open and close trailer gates and doors to load and unload animals.
- Get in and out of cab in tight places such as fuel islands
- Move upper torso when backing may require leaning out of window to see blind spot and/or mirrors
- Report problems encountered on the farm or designated plant through the swine movement ticket or farm condition report.
- Read and understand the Smithfield emergency notification process knowing how and who to contact in case of an emergency
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.