Senior Trade Planning & Execution Manager
To their assigned channel, the Senior Manager Trade Planning & Execution will be the Smithfield trade management expert who facilitates the creation of sound pricing and promotion plans by our Sales Managers and Brokers. This role also serves as the key liaison between the Sales teams and the Corporate Business Management team and will own the collaborative review process to secure approval of account plans and individual agreements. By leveraging superior business acumen and possessing a keen understanding of the dynamics between pricing and trade investments, the Senior Manager Trade Planning & Execution will help Smithfield further develop a culture of excellence.
Salary Range$114,500 - $167,750
Trade Planning Process
- Direct the trade planning process by leading the Trade Planning team to create sound customer pricing and trade plans for the teams’ key customers.
- Understand the dynamics between pricing and trade spending for all key customers within your assigned division.
- Be a catalyst that helps your team learn how to apply syndicated data and post-promotion analytic tools to create insights and build smarter plans.
Liaison between Teams and Creation of Plans by Teams
- Serve as the primary liaison between your assigned channel Sales team and internal Headquarters-based teams such as Business Management, Demand Planning, and Marketing.
- Direct the creation of plans by your team that achieve company objectives and ensure those agreements are understood by Business Management when they are reviewed for approval.
- In conjunction with Business Management teammates, create and communicate company policies, objectives, and goals to field sales regarding pricing, promotion, and trade planning.
- Help create, communicate, and adhere to an effective planning process and schedule.
- Serve as the primary support for Sales in driving Key Company initiatives, including but not limited to New Distribution, Annual Operating Plan (AOP) goal attainment, and improved P&L performance.
- Develop and secure approval of Incremental Funding Requests (IFRs) and slotting ROIs as needed to support these objectives.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to drive and support Account Specific Marketing programs at assigned accounts.
Track All Trade Spending Reports and Plans
- Utilize superior technical skills to develop and coordinate reports that track all trade spending including summarizing actual versus planned performance on a monthly and year to date basis.
- Facilitate plan roll-up and fund close-out processes to help insure plan implications and that P&L reports are completed accurately and timely.
Trade System Support
- Perform promotion analysis using a combination of consumption and shipment data to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of trade spending.
- Be a Super User of trade promotion management software systems.
- Provide process improvement recommendations to foster a culture of planning excellence.
- Lead the development process for your assigned team to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required preferably in Marketing, Finance, or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience and 8+ years related Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience in sales, marketing, category management, business management, or trade marketing; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience with perishable departments would be a plus.
- Must exhibit solid understanding of P&L management and customer trade planning processes.
- Must have strong presentation skills to facilitate communication of key insights and best practices that help enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; Blacksmith; SAP.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.